Canada is a fantastic country to live, work and study. The transpicuous Government Policies, ideal work environment, and excellent education system in this part of the world, fascinate thousands of immigrants every year to apply for Canadian Study Visa. Herds of students are immigrating to Canada every year, due to the ideal education system and policies here. However, the overseas students need a study permit to study in Canada.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Study Visa
- Your candidature must be accepted by a Designated Learning Institution in Canada.
- You would require proving that you have sufficient funds for tuition fee, Accommodation expenses, Return transportation for you.
- You have no criminal record that threat the Canadian law and order.
- You need to be in good health and willing to perform a medical examination if required.
- You must convince the immigration officer that you will leave Canada on completion of your authorized stay in the country.
- Subject to your Citizenship or the location where you live, you may also need TRV (Temporary Resident Visa) to enter Canada.
What is the Canada Study Permit?
A Canada Study Permit is a printed authorization issued by the concerned officer allowing the foreign students to study in Canada. It becomes invalid 90 days after your study program is completed. The program is considered complete when you receive a notification of program completion from your educational institution.
Who are all exempted from Study permit?
You do not require a study permit to study in Canada in the following cases:
- In case you opted to study in a short-term program or course, i.e. a course that lasts for six months or less.
- Under the Visiting Forces Act of Canada, if you are a member of the foreign armed force, you do not require a study permit to study in Canada.
- In case you are a family or staff member of a Foreign Representative in Canada, recognized by DFATD (Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade & Development Canada), you are exempted from Study Permit.
- If you are a citizen of another country, however, you have got a Registered Indian status in Canada; you would not require a permit to study in Canada.
How to apply for a Canada Study Permit:
If you have got the letter of acceptance from the Educational Institution you wish to study, you can apply online for a study permit in Canada. However, remember to keep the below things ready:
Scanner or Camera to create the electronic copies of your documents, in order to upload the same with your application. Need a valid credit card to pay the necessary charges.
The Canadian Immigration System and Visa process get updated on a regular basis, hence, you may get in touch with our expert visa counselors at Next World Immigration for latest updates and process details.
Looking for more detail and to check your eligibility, fill out our free assessment form by clicking below