+91 11 41515654 +91 9990978900 / 9650096266

Skilled Immigration UK

The UK Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP) has been very successful since it was introduced on 28 January 2002. On 7 November 2006 the points requirement for HSMP (The Highly Skilled Migrant Program) went up to seventy-five points and a number of other significant changes were made. The financial requirement was also increased for people from India to qualify under the Tier-1 Visa to Uk from April 1st of 2010. Again on the 19th of July 2010, the qualifying points under the Tier-1 Visa scheme to UK were increased to 100 and the points awarded in the income category were also reset for different incomes in last 12 months. The good news is that now graduates are allowed to file Tier-1 visa to UK unlike the earlier pre-requisite of a masters degree which is a welcome change and a huge relief to professionals planning to immigrate to UK on open work permit famously known as the Tier-1 Visa or the HSMP visa to UK.

HSMP or Tier-1 Visa to UK is a points-based immigration scheme. You need to score 80 points or more and meet the English language requirement in order to qualify as a highly skilled migrant. Points are scored in four main areas: Qualifications, Past Earnings, Age Assessment and UK Experience. We are again expecting a major over haul in immigration regulations for this category and those who are seriously pursuing migrating to U.K. must not delay further and start their processing before new rules are implemented. See if you qualify - FREE SKILLS ASSESSMENT

You will also be required to supply specified required evidence to meet the mandatory English Language requirement. There are also separate arrangements for those who are applying through the MBA Provision. You can meet us at our centrally located office at Barakhamba Road in Connaught Place or in Green Park which is near to Green Park Metro Station. We are one of the pioneers and specialist consultants for Tier-1 Visa to UK from New Delhi with an unmatched success rate.

The HSMP program is designed to allow highly skilled people to migrate to U.K to look for work or self-employment opportunities and it is different from the work permit arrangements because you do not need a specific job offer in the UK to apply. It is also different from business routes such as the Innovators scheme because you do not need a detailed business plan or create new jobs.

The Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP) application can be made from with in the country of your residence or you can also apply from inside the UK if you are in UK with Home Office permission. Individuals already in the UK may apply to switch into HSMP without leaving the country provided they have leave as a:

Work permit holder or Student who has successfully obtained a degree level qualification on a recognized degree course at either a UK publicly funded further or higher education institution or a bona fide UK private education institution which maintains satisfactory records of enrolment and attendance; or
Postgraduate doctor or a postgraduate dentist or trainee general practitioner; or
Working holidaymaker or International Graduates Scheme participant.

Frequently Asked Questions for HSMP

Can copies of certificates or other evidence be submitted with the Petition?
Only the original certificates are submitted at the time of filing. Where a document is not in English the original must be accompanied by a fully certified translation by an officially recognised translator.

Can my application be processed any faster than published estimates?
It is possible to make a request for your application to be processed urgently but only in the following circumstances such as urgent travel commitments; you require urgent medical treatment; you have received an offer of employment; you have other exceptional circumstances.

My application for HSMP was unsuccessful, what can I do?

You may submit the Review Request Form clearly stating where you think the case should have been scored differently. However, if you wish to submit any new, or additional, evidence to support your application, or if you wish to claim additional points, you must submit a new HSMP application, on a new form along with all the original documentary evidence. You will be charged the standard fee for a fresh application.

What if I meet the points threshold to gain HSMP but don't have the evidence to meet the English language requirement?
In order to qualify for HSMP approval you must achieve 75 points in the Points Scoring Assessment and also demonstrate that you meet the English language requirement. If you cannot meet both of these requirements, your application will be refused.

I have previously studied and worked in the UK, can I claim five points in the UK Experience category for each of these?
You can only claim a total of five points in this point scoring area for either UK study or previous UK employment but not both.

If the HSMP team considers that I have applied under the wrong employment category for the assessment of previous earnings, will further information be sought?
No. It is your responsibility to ensure that you apply under the correct employment category and supply the appropriate supporting evidence to meet the requirements of that category.

How long will I be allowed to stay in the U.K. as a highly skilled migrant?

At first, you may get permission to stay in the UK for up to 24 months to seek work or self-employment opportunities. After 24 months, you can apply to stay for longer and may be granted up to a further three years' leave, but you must meet the criteria set down for an extension of leave.

As a highly skilled migrant, can I stay in the United Kingdom permanently?

If you live in UK continuously for five years with Home Office permission, you can make an application for Indefinite leave to remain.

Working Holidaymaker Visa

The working holidaymaker scheme is an arrangement where a Commonwealth citizen aged between 17 and 30 can apply to the United Kingdom (UK) for an extended holiday for up to two years. You can work, but only provided this is incidental to the holiday. The holiday should be the primary reason for your stay.

One can qualify as a working holidaymaker if:

you want to go to the UK for an extended holiday, and intend to take employment as part of your holiday for no more than 12 months during your stay;
you do not intend to engage in business or work as a professional sports person during your stay;
you are single or are married to a person who also qualifies as a working holidaymaker and you plan to take the working holiday together;
you do not have any dependent children who are aged five years or over or who will be five before you complete your holiday;
you can support and accommodate yourself in the UK without help from public funds;
you have not spent time in the United Kingdom on a previous working holidaymaker visa; and
you plan to leave the UK at the end of your holiday.

You must get a visa before you travel to the UK as a working holidaymaker. Meet us for a free consultation and See if you qualify - FREE SKILLS ASSESSMENT

Frequently Asked Questions:

How much and what work can I do?
You must intend to take work in the UK only as an incidental part of your holiday, so you must intend to spend no more than 12 months working, and to spend the rest of your stay on holiday. You can take most types of work including voluntary work, but you may not engage in any business, or provide services as a professional sportsperson. (Any other type of professional work is permitted.)You can choose when to work and when to take your holiday breaks as you wish, but you must not work for more than a total of 12 months or you will be breaking the conditions of your stay.

How much money will I need to qualify as a working holidaymaker?
u must be able to support and accommodate yourself adequately without recourse to State public funds. You must be able to show that you have enough money to pay the cost of at least your outward journey. You must also be able to show that you have enough money for your accommodation and living expenses for the first 2 months after arrival or for at least 1 month if you can show that you have arranged a job in advance which will adequately cover you accommodation and living expenses.

Can I apply to extend my stay once I am in the UK?
You cannot extend your stay as a working holidaymaker. But you may be eligible to switch into work permit employment after 12 months in the UK where your occupation is on the list of designated shortage occupations. Working Holidaymakers may also switch into Innovators and the Highly Skilled Migrant Program (HSMP).



I would certainly like to pay a visit to Nextworld Immigration office in New Delhi and thank them in person and meet them since i have never met any of their Case processing officers during the complete visa processing of my file. I am happily settled in Canada now and i got my PR Visa approval in December 2005. The documents preparation team of Nextworld Immigration is very professional & thorough in documentation and their approach to quality service deliverance is exceptional. I recommend their services to whosoever is looking to migrateto Canada, Australia, Denmark or UK etc. Biji Justin & Family, Kottakara, Kerala. Now happily settled in Canada Since Winter of 2003 This appreciation letter goes to the team at next world immigration Associates. Next world immigration is a thoroughly professional organization with deep knowledge in the field of immigration to various countries. I utilized their services for obtaining a PR visa for Australia. Their immense knowledge about the process and help made the whole process a breeze and I was able to secure the visa in one go. Highly recommended for all kinds of Visa services to Australia, Europe, and U.S.A. etc. Mansoor ul Haq Khan Jamia Nagar, New Delhi, Now in Brisbane (Queensland) Australia Highly professional ! Fabulous ! Extra ordinary & unmatched consultancy services delivery ! ! ! I do not have words to express my gratitude for helping me get my visa approval inspite of being rejected once by the Canadian embassy. I sincerely recommend their consultancyservices to anyone who is looking to migrate abroad. Maitree Roy Chowdhury a Chef from Kolkata, Now settled in Toronto since 2010 A big fat Thanks once more. I knew you would easily be able to get my lovely spouse to Canada and she got her Spouse Visa in record time. Hats off to the Casefiling team at Nextworld Immigration Services Associates. New Delhi. Lokesh and Anupama Varshney (Mrs.) Vancouver, Canada Dear Friends, This time i got the visa for my parents in February 2013 and my faith reposed in Nextworld Immigration services has once more reaped rich results and my confidence to recommend their services has grown stronger. I am with my parents waiting for a new family member i.e. either a Son or a Daughter which i leave to God. But, i suggest you better consider the professional services of Nextworld Immigration Services Associates in New Delhi for any matter related to Permanent Residency, Spouse Visa, Tourist Visa or a student visa. Kapil and Gunjan, Brisbane I am writing this appreciation email from Copenhagen in Denmark. I am so impressed with the professional immigration services from Nextworld that I can recommend their services to any one who is looking to immigrate abroad to Canada, Australia or Denmark. They can easily be considered the best Immigration Consultants in Delhi. Ajit Pal Singh from UP, Now in Denmark I started the immigration services from a consultant in Chandigarh who claimed themselves to be the oldest and with offices in Canada and all across India. But, i was surprised to see my case linger on for almost 4 years. Then one fine day, \I came in contact with Nextworld Immigration Associates and I resubmitted my visa file through them and got the Canada PR visa approval in less than one year. I suggest Prospective Immigrants to opt for their unmatched Services ! ! ! Yaman Yadav, New Delhi, Now in Edmonton, Canada Thanks a lot for helping me get my Spouse Visa to UK. Throughout, It was a memorable experience & I will always remember the way you handled my case with utmost caution and perfection. I highly rate your spouse visa consultancy services and capabilities. Bandana Srivastava, Canterbury, UK with spouse since 2005 To get a spouse visa approval in 5 months for Canada seems unrealistic. isn't it ? But, that is what has been made a reality for my spouse visa by the experienced team of Next world Immigration. I thank them from the bottom of my heart and wish them all the success in whatever they do. Akash and Preeti, settled in Toronto, Canada since 1999.

read more